Refactoring is your friend / moving from 6.x to 9.x

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Mon Dec 31 17:16:16 EST 2018

A SQLite memory database is the same as a SQLite file database except it's
created for just the instance that app is running. You have to create
table(s) and field(s) for those table(s). Then the app then populates the
data and queries it. SQLite memory database supports the same SQL syntax as
a file based SQLite database. When opening an SQLite database if you don't
supply a file spec then it's created in memory( I think that ":memory:" for
the file spec also works). If you supply a file spec and the db does not
exist then an empty one is created just like a memory database. Of course a
memory database is faster than a disk based database. I find that SQL
invaluable for dealing with complex data relationships.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net