Signing macOS application

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Dec 29 19:01:41 EST 2018

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 2:20 PM Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <

> I have these IDs:
>         Developer ID Installer
>         Developer ID Application
>
> DropDMG shows in its preferences the 'Developer ID Application’ that is
> used to sign the installer. That should be used and not 'Developer ID
> Installer’?
>

> Anyone have any guidance on this?

You do need to sign your app using your “Developer ID Installer” profile.
There is a script only stack I posted a while ago on gist.github.com that
will sign an app. Here is the url:

https://gist.github.com/trevordevore/3e91724c4573690b691510d2e2dcd2a7

Just save the gist to a file with a .livecodescript extension and open it
in the IDE.

As for DropDMG it has the correct certificate selected. DMGs are not really
installers but the DMG does need to be signed to appease GateKeeper.

As Was already mentioned, the Levure packager will take care of signing
your apps for you. It will sign apps you distribute yourself, sign and
prepare an app for upload to the Mac App Store, and sign Mac App Store
development versions for testing. It is quite handy.

Of course if you are already trying to sign your app for distribution then
you aren’t at a point where you want to modify your app to use a new
framework. But something to consider for the future.

And this all doesn’t have anything to do with Notarization? That’s another
> step for the future?

No it does not.

 --
Trevor DeVore