Musings on Architect, MVC, Nested Behaviors

Quentin Long cubist at aol.com
Fri Dec 28 19:09:00 EST 2018

> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
>> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>
>> On December 27, 2018 2:36:16 PM Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
>> <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sounds like one more reason to allow stack properties as YAML
>>> frontmatter in the file. Ever since I suggested that a couple
>>> years back, the range of valuable use-cases keeps growing.
>>
>> I wouldn't mind if you poked them again about it.
>
> At your prompting I started to open an enhancement request for this, but
> not long into it I hit on why they probably haven't done this yet:
>
> By what means would be indicate which properties we want saved there and
> which ones we don't care about?

To a first approximation, I'd say that any property which has been changed from the engine's built-in default value should be saved. One would expect that the engine's defaults can be easily accessed for such a purpose?

"Bewitched" + "Charlie's Angels" - Charlie = "At Arm's Length"
Read the webcomic at [ http://www.atarmslength.net ]!
If you like "At Arm's Length", support it at [ http://www.patreon.com/DarkwingDude ].