Musings on Architect, MVC, Nested Behaviors

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Dec 28 13:06:19 EST 2018

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 10:43 PM Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via
use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

>  BUT:  " A new developer may be more likely to see the chained behavior if
> the behaviors are explicitly assigned in code vs having to use vs going to
> the IDE to look up what the behavior chain is."
>
> That is a problem using "Navigator" (does not show nested behaviors) or
> the Project Browser which simply as (2)(1)(5) too obscure....
>
> " if the behaviors are explicitly assigned in code"
>
> How would you do that?  Currently it is obfuscated from the developer by
> the IDE

I was thinking of something like this in whatever code loads the stack that
has the model attached to it:

set the behavior of stack "MyStack" to the long id of stack "MyBehavior"

> " script "behavior_MyAudio" with behavior "behavior_ListenUI"
>
> Does not appear in the Script Editor. I consider that a "deficit"
> attribute of the "whole system" of nested behaviors.

I forgot about that. I always use SublimeText to edit my project scripts so
I see the entire script. Perhaps the SE could use an update that shows the
behavior assigned to the object of the script you are editing?

--
Trevor DeVore
CTO - ScreenSteps