Datagrid error...

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Dec 18 17:11:43 EST 2018

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 3:11 PM Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <

> Does the idea to close the report display window if and when the
> datagrid is being updated make sense as a precaution? We can always lock
> the screen, close the window, update the datagrid contents, reopen the
> window and unlock the screen to minimize visible changes to the user.

I don't know that you need to close down the window. What about setting the
dgData and dgColumns to empty so that the user can't interact with it while
updating? Or overlay a semi-transparent graphic over the top that eats
mouse events? Since you are upgrading to 9.0.2 you could also use the
Spinner widget placed in the middle of the Data Grid to show that you are
crunching some data.

--
Trevor DeVore
CTO - ScreenSteps