OT-Reading Old Quicken Files

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 14:25:06 EST 2018

Dunno anything about this at all: but, as it says in the Gospel of
Thomas, "If you have eyes you should look",
so . . .

poking about on the internet I found that

"The /old format/ was called QIF (/Quicken/ Interchange Format).
The new format, called OFX (Open Financial Exchange),
makes it much easier to activate accounts ... "

and further along, so to speak, I found out 2 interesting things:

"A QIF file is an ASCII <https://techterms.com/definition/ascii> text
file generated by Quicken financial software. It contains a user's
financial liability and cash accounts in a text format that can easily
be read by other programs, including text editors. QIF files are used to
transfer data between different Quicken data files or from a financial
institution's website to Quicken software."

and

"
The QIF format was originally developed by Intuit, but it is now
supported by several financial and accounting programs. Some of these
programs include *Microsoft Money*, *Corel Quattro Pro*, and *GnuCash*.
*You can import a QIF file in Quicken by selecting* File → Import → QIF
file, navigate to the location of the file, and choose the account to
which you want to import the QIF file."

I wonder if you have tried File → Import → QIF, that might be all that
is required.

Best, Richmond.