LC-apps for HC

Ingar Roggen ingar.roggen at sosiologi.uio.no
Sun Dec 2 18:10:17 EST 2018

http://lowendmac.com/2014/apples-revolutionary-hypercard/

In 2002, the International HyperCard Users Group estimated there were 10,000 active HyperCard users worldwide.

Hello, Devin!

As confirmed above the International HyperCard Users Group estimated there were 10,000 active HyperCard users worldwide in 2002. Is LC anywhere near that number? Maybe. And if maybe not, why not? A truly successful LC should have been able to attract the 10,000 HC users worldwide and additionally the group of dedicated LC users. Maybe 10,000 of those too? Then we are 20,000? And if not, why not? What magic was lost along the road? HC was the winner. Where is it now? My one is in my Mac, always at hand. 10,000-1=9,999. Im still here, asking for an easier access to LC.  If the authoritative guide for converting HyperCard stacks to LiveCode still is Jacque’s tutorial at https://www.hyperactivesw.com/mctutorial/rrtutorialtoc.html, why not elaborate it to the tool, the app needed to make HC easily portable to LC and thereby accessible "to the rest of us" again? Anybody takes the challenge?

Ingar