Setting hidden of lines very slow

Kaveh Bazargan kaveh at rivervalleytechnologies.com
Sat Dec 1 05:21:56 EST 2018

Hi all

I have learned a lot here, especially the hint of using styledText. But
there might be a misunderstanding. In my case, it is not necessarily the
whole line that is styled, but a line might *contain* a chunk of text that
is styled, e.g. one word in the middle of the line has textcolor set. So I
am looking to hide any line that contains no textcolor anywhere.

Trevors code contains:
 if tTextA[i]["runs"][1]["style"]["textcolor"] is not empty then

If I understand correctly the ['runs'][1] is looking at the first element
of that line. I need to check that no other elements in the line are styled
either. Before I write a loop that is slow again, any quick way of checking
for a line with no style anywhere?

Thanks all for the great contributions.

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 at 20:17, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <