On Performance of Array Access

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Fri Aug 31 15:44:12 EDT 2018

Mark W:

 > 6.7.11: 1117ms
 > 9.0.1:  4020ms
 > PR6671: 1017ms

Now THAT'S the kind of news that makes a Friday special! Honestly I was
quite disappointed lately in 9's array speed, but this gives me a lot of
hope, and it also helps in the practical details of code planning for
projects. Thank you Mark.

Arrays are not the only issue, but it's a great start and one of the
areas I was going to advocate. Even repeats with math calculations are
also a problem in 9, for example. But I have full confidence, as I said
on this list recently, that 9+ should be able to beat 6 in most areas
when optimized. I will test your build and post my test stack and
results here as soon as I get a chance.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development