fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Fri Aug 31 12:46:31 EDT 2018

I still think you are working too hard.  I just put this on my Fire.  (I
had to manually code the FSM).  This short handler sets everything properly:

on fixBackground
   local tCardW, tScreenW, tScreenH, tNewH, tRect
   put the width of this card into tCardW
   put the effective working screenRect into tRect
   put item 3 of tRect - item 1 of tRect into tScreenW
   put item 4 of tRect - item 2 of tRect into tScreenH
   put tCardW / (tScreenW / tScreenH) into tNewH
   set the height of grc "bkg" to tNewH
   set the loc of grc "bkg" to the loc of this card
   set the top of grc "lineTop" to item 2 of the rect of grc "bkg"
   set the bottom of grc "lineBottom" to item 4 of the rect of grc "bkg"
end fixBackground

The problem with the lines being off screen is that you need to use the
"effective working screenrect" to account for the area that you cannot
address.  On iOS, the top of the screen is within the card rect.  On the
Fire, it is not.  On my device, the top 24px are reserved.

Brian

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 10:06 AM Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode <