Surprise...

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Wed Aug 22 17:50:34 EDT 2018

Mark T:

 > In my particular use of arrays and lists, I find the
 > lists to be a little more than 2 times faster

Thanks! (Noting: particular use, and methods used.) Optimizing LCS is
extremely important, and methods that are great for testing items and
arrays themselves may not be the fastest methods for real applications.
I'm always glad to help people achieve better results, so let me know if
you ever need a hand for your purpose.

But ( again :) ) my greater interest in this thread was, and remains,
seeing the LC engine further optimized! That would really pay off.

Richard:

 > Does anyone here have benchmarks comparing LC to Python,
 > JavaScript, Lua, and/or other popular scripting languages?

No, but it's a very good pursuit. I would expect some interesting
results with JS. I won't have time to test these myself for a while but
I'll remain interested.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development