Surprise...

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Tue Aug 21 18:33:32 EDT 2018

In case I was unclear, I just meant that the engine still can and should
be optimized! As time and budget allows of course, but certainly doable.
I doubt it's only the Unicode and nothing else, but either way it
doesn't rule out future speed gains. Unicode shouldn't need to slow down
everything from math to non-text loops (and I remember working on some
tests to keep the text out of these, but haven't tried that with 9 yet)
nor would it remove all opportunities for innovation and simplification
that lead to faster execution.

Most code can be improved, that's a safe bet with few exceptions, and
speed is an improvement that would do LC a lot of good. Not just tiny
gains; I do think it's possible and desirable for a Unicode LC engine to
beat LC 6 in most areas. If I'm alone in that desire, well, color me
surprised! That's my nature. I may be slow at times but I like my code
fast. I love optimization and there are some pretty interesting methods
to achieve it. Very optimized scripts on a very optimized engine is a
scenario very much to my liking. Wouldn't be a bad selling point either.
I'll shut up now and dive back in my coding hole where I belong. Addon
updates and client updates in the works. :)

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
LiveCode Training and Consulting