fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Aug 21 15:49:13 EDT 2018

I should step into middle this because our app is under discussion.

Jacque: I appreciate your support of LC amazing auto-resizing options.
They are truly marvelous

But perhaps we take a Big View of Landscape. You have to realize I done
web development since 1993. Currently we "evolving" two new web sites,
(while I do the Siva Siva app). I have been involved in the Hinduism
Today Web site (XOOPS/PHP) and did "php" for a while 'till I got fed up
with it.

So from where I sit as production manager/web coordinator with some
fingers attached to the budgets. Some thing are obvious.

1) The web site "Saiva Bible" under construction by young Indian man in
Delhi tech section. Is being done PHP and jQuery And misc JS.   This is
relatively simple app (the UI) But is has 1000's in line of code in the
Style CSS sheet alone, and 1000 line of JS dedication to the UI.

2) about to be released (next week)

Himalayan Academy Musuem of Spiritual Art

http://dev.himalayanacadem.com/hamsa

is also relatively simple UI...

this developed in ELM and output to JS and CSS.

[[FYI to all the content people out there, this art work is free for
taking, no license required.]]

Suffice it to say that building  UI in these environment involves an
*enormous* amount code. Most of it extremely opaque. And building that
is a "pain" and the cost 5-10X the cost of LC development (where we hire
out html5 programming)

Meanwhile I get up a 2:15am and start coding at 3:00 and really consider
it "fun" to do in Livecode. If the app gets traction (it cannot until
Android working! When is RC2 coming!) I may be able hire to some help
for here.

So one of the reason I push the team on SivaSiva app, is because I need
their help. And to push (like others do also) the LC tech to the next
level.

So, if Richard say that "some manually coding" it required, it does
"daunt"  me in the least. I'm sure it would, rational, English like, and
perfect sense.  Compared to web, coding resize handlers in LC, would be
a "dream machine"

An another important trend is the "rise of vector graphics" which means
"look good at any scale"...means this "resize any to fit device" (yes, i
know a lot of applications down need that) will have big implications
for content developers.

OK so @Richard: send the stack that the handles 100 objects or more!

BR