fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Aug 20 10:21:23 EDT 2018

@ Brian and Jacque

Thanks for digging to this. Panos write on QA and that line 14 (position
the group explicitly) in required.

The background is set "super wide" for that I was using FullScreenMode,
do that it would appear at the way across on iPad. Clearly set the
explicitly is required

@Brian, Oh yes footer is below not need to hide in. down to from 19
lines of card to 17 :-)

@ Jacque good to know the child control maintains their  relative
position in relation to group coords. that is what I get on my Pixel

2 notes"

1. Elanor suggestion using the nav bar widget, and the will out itself
out automatcally (!)

2. There is another issue when try YouTube videos (a major use case for
this  browser card) it happens on iOS and Android. Automatically, the
browser want to go to fullScreen (in the video) and co-ops the entire
screen rect and the native LC coords to any object overridden. Rather,
they probably are behind the video. So as soon as you hit "play" , the
footer disappear-- the user thinks he had lost navigation -- until you
to Stop, the screen revert to "regular mode" and the footer appears.
Could have sworn this did not happen in LC version <9. OR it could be
passing the parameter to YouTube of ?rel=0 (which gets rid of all extra
YouTube furniture&ads)

try it:

go stack URL
"http://wiki.hindu.org/uploads/BrowserLandscapeTest_r9.livecode"

Would should open different thread on that one...