fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Aug 20 03:29:22 EDT 2018

On 20/08/2018 5:01 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Terry Judd via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    On 20 Aug 2018, at 4:50 pm, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    > Terry Judd wrote:
    >
    > > Yeah, I've used FSM in combination with scripting in the android
    > > versions a couple of apps (admittedly they were only designed to work
    > > in portrait mode) and it seemed to work well enough.
    >
    > If you make a button that looks HIG-savvy finger-sized on a 4" phone, what happens when you run the app on an 11" tablet?

    My guess is that it would look pretty bad ;)

    I was only targeting phones in portrait mode though so things looked reasonable as long as the phone wasn’t huge. I’d probably develop a separate interface for tablets.

    Oh, and my apps probably weren't terribly HIG compliant either. I used custom buttons and controls that looked and functioned identically on Android and iOS versions of the same app. So I guess it depends on what you are trying to achieve (these were teaching/research related apps).

Terry...