fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 20 00:04:44 EDT 2018

On 8/19/18 10:21 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode wrote:
> I'm not sure what the fleet of widths would
> need to be supported on the Android side though.

They vary all over the place. Basically you need to calculate a ratio
and set all the control sizes accordingly.

> I can't speak directly to Android, but once you start doing resize
> handlers, I can't see using fullscreenmode.  If you are going to position
> anything, may as well position it based on actual device metrics.

That's kind of what I meant. You either use fullscreenMode or you don't,
but I can see a case for turning it off for a card or two when you want
to use screen metrics only.

> On iOS, all of the controls within the footer group moved without having to
> touch them individually.

I think it may be resolution-dependent. Unlike iOS, Android is all over
the map, so when the group moved up (without auto-scaling) on the
Samsung I was using, only the tops of the icons showed. The group's top
margin was disproportionately large and the bottom half of the icons
were still below the stack. On other Android devices you'd get different
results, so you'd need to do all the calculations not just for size but
also for resolution. At least, I think so. I'm not positive any more
because I gave up all that work the moment the engine started doing it
for me.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com