Not many people know this.

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 05:32:06 EDT 2018

So, mucking around as one does during one's Summer holiday I went
looking in the documentation of LiveCode
(shock, horror) and could NOT find something that had bubbled up in my
diseased mind, so I tried it anyway,
and . . . Ye Gods! It worked.

Possibly I am reinventing the wheel here:

set the textFont of word 3 to "Charcoal"

This IS incredibly useful when one is typing to Mum in Sanskrit (as one
does) and wants to
use a variant glyph (as one does continuously) as it allows one to have
2 congruent fonts
side-by-side featuring differing variants of standard glyphs.

No: I know that that will not make many of you run out into the road
madly waving your
underpants over your heads shouting "Ra, Ra, Rasputin!", but,
notwithstanding . . . it excites me
no end.

Richmond.