Using stackoverflow.com

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:10:57 EDT 2018

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 12:08 PM Todd Fabacher via use-livecode <

> 1. Not sufficient 3rd party tools with a viable marketplace [also little on
> Git]. If we have all these old LC scripts and they are open source, why
> don't we just put them on git???

This is a really good point. It *should* be trivial to put anything you've
worked on in LC onto GitHub. As an experiment I just did this with some
code I wrote a few days ago in response to another thread on this list:
https://github.com/gcanyon/primelist

It's just a simple routine to generate primes, but it has the advantage
that it uses less array storage than traditional methods -- usage scales
with the number of primes to return, rather than the upper bound, so it's
theoretically capable of returning a list of primes up to a billion or more.

The process wasn't too painful:

1. Create a new repository on GitHub
2. Pick a spot on my computer and clone the repository using GitKraken
3. Use Navigator (shameless self promotion!) to export the script I wrote
into a script-only stack in the repository folder
4. Merge the new file and push up to GitHub

And done! Is there a way to tag repositories on GitHub by language, so it's
easy to find all LC repos?

gc