Cropping a referenced image

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Aug 15 10:27:35 EDT 2018

Sometimes LiveCode astounds me...

Using Klause's method, plus Datagrid under the hood (and all its code)

1) the setting to Button icon to the size you want your image cropped, 120X74
2) Place an image off screen at +1000 to the right.
3) At 120x90 call it img "ytBtnIconTemplate"

I was able to fill the DataGrid  with the images *in just SEVEN lines of code* !

on FillInData pDataArray

        put pDataArray["ytThumb"] into tURL

        set the itemdel to "/"; put item -2 of tURL into tImageName

        if exists(img tImageName ) = false then

            clone img "ytBtnIconTemplate" as tImageName

            set the filename of img tImageName to pDataArray["ytThumb"]

        end if

        set the icon of button "ytThumb"of me to (the id img tImageName)

        set the text of field "collectionTitle" of me to pDataArray["collectionTitle"]

end FillInData