Re [OT] Snakey Problem

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 13 14:52:22 EDT 2018

Mark Wieder wrote:

 > On 08/13/2018 11:22 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >
 >> And personally, I think that's very useful for all of us, well worth
 >> the time it takes to find and include explicit license terms that
 >> express our intentions.
 >
 > What I said. And by misspeaking 'no license' what I meant was that
 > there is no subscription involved, no license checking in the
 > software, no restrictions on use... you bought it, it's yours to use.
 >
 > ...and now I'd like to get away from licensing and back to python.

Agreed.  To clarify, I know you well enough to know you've been around
that block a few times.  I took this opportunity to write a "why
licensing" post because I see a *lot* of libraries and other components
in our community distributed with no license at all. Hopefully I was
able to convey enough of the value of license declaration to encourage
more folks to do it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems