LC 9 and Memory

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Aug 13 13:47:28 EDT 2018

Is this on a Mac? I know that for Macs, memory can be "in use" by an app, but the app will release it on request. "wired" memory is that which an app has allocated and will not release. Right now I have 11+ of 16 gigs of memory in use, but only 2.32 of it is "wired". If you look at the Activity Monitor, the indicator for Memory Pressure is really the indication of available resources.

Windows these days probably uses a similar way of managing memory.

Bob S