Re [OT] Snakey Problem

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:24:33 EDT 2018

Ouch . . .

I don't know why this has to degenerate into a sort of flame war about
whether one has to pay for things
or not.

[Within the next few weeks I will have to pay LiveCode to relicence my
Indy version of LiveCode - I am well aware
of why I am going to do this; and, which is probably the most important
point, I don't resent that.]

If I had to pay something for Python I would: NOT because I like Python;
because, frankly I don't [ why go backwards
to the sort of programming language I last had to work with in 1986? ],
but because I shall be making money out of teaching Python.

"silly licensing"

My Devawriter Pro and my Balawriter both feature "silly licensing"
because, odd as it may seem, I did not make those
programs for the love of it.

I started this, not to let it wander off onto pay/free or whatever, but
to ask advice re setting up Python on Linux boxes
in my school

Richmond.