Anyone using Older LC versions?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 07:01:27 EDT 2018

Well, I use 7.1.4 on a very nearly daily basis because, in my opinion:

1. The Properties Palette is way, way better than that in 8/9.

2. Almost everything feels more intuitive.

3. I rarely need any of the extra stuff offered in subsequent versions.

BUT:

4. I am NOT a person you should consider targetting as I like to work
with "Plain Vanilla LiveCode."

HOWEVER:

5. Check for "lurkers in the undergrowth" who work with versions earlier
than 8/9 because:

5.1. They've got perpetual licences on earlier versions and don't feel
that stumping up an annual fee for later versions is justified.

Richmond.