Navigator v 6 is out

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 20:56:36 EDT 2018

Seems stable to me, but no one else has tried it, so I'm calling it alpha
1, use at your own risk.

You can get Navigator here
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/kz3zqi4botzglgq/navigator.zip?dl=1>. Or grab it
from GitHub <https://github.com/gcanyon/navigator>.

Update documentation is here
<https://gcanyon.wordpress.com/navigator-documentation/#updates-for-6.0>.
But briefly:

*Added a Preferences Dialog*. All preferences were in a menu (and for now
the menu option remains) but are now laid out in a dialog to make them far
easier/clearer.

*Group Folding! *Just click on the left 30 pixels of any group to
fold/unfold it. There is (so far) no visual indication that this is
possible, or that a group has been folded, but it's there. Suggestions
welcome on a better interface.

*Custom List Display!* You can now specify a string to value() for each
item in the list display, so it's possible to do all sorts of interesting
things, such as

the layer of tID && tIS & "<b>" & toUpper(char 1 of the name of tID) &
"</b>"&& Q(the short name of tID) && "loc:" && the loc of tID

Which results in a display like:

23 |  |  *F* "Field Name" loc: 145,56

*Custom List Actions!* You can now specify a string to execute for list
double-clicks, so for example you can set an action of:

set the vis of tID to not the vis of tID

And then double-clicking will show/hide the controls. You can set
independent actions for any combination of shift, option, and command.

There are several other bits, but check the docs for details.

regards,

Geoff