valueDiff for arrays?

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Fri Aug 10 20:46:15 EDT 2018

I do it both ways, the problem is that behavior scripts created for
maintaining a stack (version control) are inconvenient in the IDE.  I've
thought about suggesting a multiple step scriptify for IDE tools.  The
first step would be to create a card to house all behavior buttons.  The
first round would scriptify everything to buttons on that card.  The second
round would generate the script only stacks.  Prior to distribution, the
second round would be reversed to have a cleaner namespace inside the IDE.

I've taken a different approach for my own work (Script Tracker).  I just
have my tool export all of the scripts to files.  I can version control the
files and edit them outside of the IDE.  My tool keeps them in sync.  Then
the distributed tool doesn't have any external file requirements.  I still
need to go back and move my SvgIconTool into this model (and will before
the next update).

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:36 PM, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <