Regaining IDE Efficiency: Property Inspector

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Thu Aug 9 22:47:53 EDT 2018

 I've briefly looked at a few issues and have some comments:

I should be able to put together something on the Custom Properties portion
of the PI.  I'm looking at the code and am not sure yet if the change needs
to be in the widget, the PI, or both.  I think that the widget should have
a warning before clobbering a value (just like it does before deleting).

I see why the tree is not shrinking, but am not sure how to fix it yet (the
height of "me" is not getting smaller).  It looks like the group grows but
does not shrink, so you get the behavior that we see.  If the group did
shrink, it would get positioned correctly.

For the PI, the raw keys are intercepted and scroll wheel is directed
toward scrolling the PI group.  So if you take the custom properties tab
and grow it and then shrink it then the scroll wheel should work as
expected to move the visible portion.

Control arrows could probably be implemented in that same section of code
if the community and corporate concurred.

Thanks,
Brian