Regaining IDE Efficiency: Property Inspector

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Thu Aug 9 19:21:19 EDT 2018

Richard:

 > Many (most?) development environments use a property sheet

Wieder:

 > I'm a big fan of property sheets.

Hint: A property sheet doesn't necessarily need to look like one.

It could be useful to consider the value that the past and current PI
appearance has for users. The effect it has. It's a very user-friendly
look, isn't it? So easy to locate things visually too.

We could ask ourselves if that factors into any buying decisions. It
probably did for me. At the time I wasn't really looking for just "yet
another dev tool." There were plenty of those but I didn't go that route.

But behind the scenes ... much can happen. And probably should happen.
Without necessarily changing the look that people know and love. :)

I'm capable of doing that, and others are too. Good food for thought.
Back to work....

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development