stackfiles

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 9 14:45:28 EDT 2018

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > How odd though. The stackfiles is acting like a global property.
 > Imagine I have 2 projects open, each referencing 2 different versions
 > of the same stack in different locations on the disk. Any attempt to
 > open that stack using it's short name might yield the wrong stack.

Yes, the stackFiles property is every bit as global as any other use of
stack names.

To handle different versions of a stack, I use different LC instances.

FWIW ever since v5 (maybe earlier?) LC's clipboard preserves objects
with complete fidelity even when pasting between instances, making the
task of working on both a breeze.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems