valueDiff for arrays

Quentin Long cubist at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 18:35:40 EDT 2018

Suggestion for the language-token for this function: "transplant".

transplant [qualification] from [SourceArray] to [TargetArray]

[qualification] is a pattern/expression which describes exactly which bits you want to move from SourceArray to TargetArray.

If TargetArray doesn't exist, it should be created to hold the stuff from SourceArray.

It occurs to me that "transplant" might also be useful as a string-manipulation function:

transplant [ChunkType]s where [qualification] from [SourceContainer] to [TargetContainer]

Am thinking that the default behavior should be to have the transplanted bits be added to the *end* of TargetContainer. Again, if TargetContainer doesn't exist, it should be created. It might be useful to be able to specify exactly where the transplanted bits get inserted, so maybe:

transplant [ChunkType]s where [qualification] from [SourceContainer] to [Location] of [TargetContainer]

"Location" could be "start", or "end", at minimum, or possibly an expression that evaluates to a location within TargetContainer.

Am unsure how much of a hassle it would be to implement this, so I shall leave it in the capable hands of Mr. Waddingham & Co.

"Bewitched" + "Charlie's Angels" - Charlie = "At Arm's Length"
Read the webcomic at [ http://www.atarmslength.net ]!
If you like "At Arm's Length", support it at [ http://www.patreon.com/DarkwingDude ].