Windows: "not responding"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 7 15:43:53 EDT 2018

IIRC, earlier discussions here about this do recognize that it's about a
certain finickiness with Windows, but also acknowledged that this seems
to happen more frequently in LC apps than others.  Personally, I see
this very rarely in anything other than LC, and in LC apps quite often.
Customers find it very disturbing, and have expressed a temptation to
force-quit the app based on the (apparently erroneous) guidance provided
to them by the OS.

In those earlier discussions there was talk of the method Windows
expects for an app to effectively tell it, "I'm still alive, just
working", which is apparently not being done as frequently as the OS
needs to get the message.

This all seemed so fresh in that earlier discussion that I somehow
(perhaps mistakenly) got the impression it was under active development.
  But I can't find anything in the bug DB suggesting that's the case.

I don't mind opening a new issue for this, just wanted to see if doing
so would create a duplicate of something that's already there.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems