valueDiff for arrays?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sun Aug 5 18:03:31 EDT 2018

On 08/05/2018 02:48 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:

>> On 6 Aug 2018, at 7:07 am, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> filter X by keeping the lines not matching pattern "regex"
>
> My point was this statement can be written as both:
>
> filter X by keeping the lines not matching pattern “regex"
>
> and
>
> filter X by discarding the lines matching pattern "regex"
>
> So it would perhaps be a good idea to only allow `matching` rather than `not matching`

True, but syntacticly I like the idea of being able to place "not" in
front of any boolean without having to remember where it's legal and
where it's not. I also think it's harder on the engine (this off the top
of my head without looking at the code <g>) to specify where "not" is legal.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com