Data Persistence

John McKenzie davros at bellaliant.net
Sat Aug 4 15:27:56 EDT 2018

 A little less busy now so I can look at my app some more. As you mat
recall I was asking about data persistence.

 Thank you to the additional people who welcomed me. I contrast this
with the time I asked a question on Usenet about a scripting language I
was learning and the first reply told me I was awful (true, which is
why I was asking questions) and to come back and only ask questions
when I have the script I posted working.

 As for contributing brains. Yeah... I supposed I could fake
that part for awhile. Just do not ask for kidneys as you will get
nowhere there.

 Klaus thank you for mentioning closefield. Did not notice it before
and it seems like it would be just the thing for me. The data is
simple, so I think I will start out by trying to save it all in an
array and doing so every time there is an entry or change to an entry
using closefield.

 And that brings me to today's follow up question. In some cases I have
a button that when pressed put the time inside the neighbouring text
field. So when a plane lands I pressed the button labelled "ATA" and it
puts the current time into a text field next to the ATA button. How
would that count as focus?

 Would having the app place something into the field put focus on the
field?

 What I am really wondering is when it comes to the buttons can I leave
them be because the text fields have code to save their info when the
focus leaves or should I add code to the buttons to tell them after
placing the info into the text field, save same info to an array?

 Thanks.