valueDiff for arrays?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sat Aug 4 14:55:43 EDT 2018

On 2018-08-04 20:41, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> On 08/04/2018 11:23 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> However, over time I'd suggest we look at it sitting in a
>> mobile-permissions script library. Given the dynamic nature of handler
>> dispatch in LC, there's all kinds of things we can do to make it
>> really easy to adapt for particular projects.
>
> Although I do have to bemoan the proliferation of script stacks in the
> Project Browser list. This especially became onerous when the
> Navigator plugin started using script-only stacks. It's a pain having
> to scroll through all those stacks that I'm never going to edit, and
> it's a pain having to remove the plugin each time a new build comes
> out so that I don't have to scroll through them just to work on system
> stacks.

So - what can we do to solve that?

The IDE script libraries at least use a very strict naming convention -
if we can encourage others to do the same, then there's all kinds of
filtering options we can do quite easily.

Remember that this isn't a unique problem to LiveCode - script only
stacks (particularly how we've grown to use them) are akin to C source
files / projects (mainly because that is abstractly what they are /
represent). You get a similar problem managing the complexity of that in
any large scale native project - look at the LiveCode main xcodeproj for
an example of that.

Perhaps 'Show IDE Stacks in lists' (or whatever it is called) has become
far far too blunt an instrument...

For example, the PB could offer a new 'top-level' - which is project. A
project being defined by a set of stacks which share a common name
prefix...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps