Getting Started with DataGrid

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 13:08:42 EDT 2018

Dear Swami,

Thanks for your purchase.

Yes I do have a real name and I do have a good reason to not share it
publicly. When I came with the personnal challenge 8 years ago to create a
commercial plugin, I was an employee and as a developper, my employment
contract was containing a clause not allowing me to develop something like
that.
Now, even if I'm no longer a developer (my service was closed some years
ago, and I failed to find a new job like the old one, because I have just
no diploma in development, despite more than 10 years experience in
different languages) my new employer not allowed me to cumulate salaries
even if I might earn one dollar with an another activity. I asked and he
was clear in his reply.

So I don't know what rules you have in your countries, but these rules are
real in mine and my risk is just to be fired. As I'm considering I'm free
to do what I want during my free time and hobbies, to be sure this will
never happen, you will never seen my real name anywhere.

So I'm quite outlaw, free to do what I want (developping a commercial
plugin during my free time, just because this was an old dream, a challenge
and this is actually for me a way to continue to code for real users),
using an odd nick name, which is well worth another.

That's all the story behind this. Hope I have clarified this a bit.

Best Regards,

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 4:14 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode

> Aloha "Zryip"
>
> At $45.00 (cheap) and with your own endorsement (knowing that it is
> maintained)
>
> I'll get it!
>
> Brahmanathaswami
>
> Ps do you have a real name?
>
> On 8/2/18, 12:01 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of zryip theSlug via
> use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of
>
>     Dear Swami,
>
>     We have some free material about datagrids form or table.
>
>     1. A tutorial written long time ago before I created DGH, exploring the
>     very basic concepts of the datagrid control (form and table):
>     http://www.aslugontheroad.com/download/category/3-tutorials
>
>     2. Some demo stacks created for demonstrating datagrid's possibilities
> such
>     as drag and drop, calculation, etc
>     http://www.aslugontheroad.com/download/category/4-lab
>
>     3. About your screenshot, a datagrid form will be your better option
> in my
>     opinion.
>
>     4. And about Data Grid Helper, I can not answer objectively to your
>     question, for sure. All I can say is the tool has regular updates for
>     supporting the new versions of LiveCode. A new  major (nothing to do
> with
>     our friend Klaus :) (I prefer to specify because he made me the joke
> on the
>     livecode forum, haha :) )) 2.5 version has been released in June
> supporting
>     dg2 properties, widgets, custom headers, etc. A blog article has been
>     published about it, with some available screenshots of the new
> features:
>     https://livecode.com/data-grid-helper-2-5-adds-support-for-datagrid-2/
>
>     Now, if someone in the List want to add a comment about DGH, positive
> or
>     not, he / she is welcome. :)
>

>     Best Regards,

Zryip TheSlug