Using the $_POST global in LiveCode server

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Thu Aug 2 19:53:32 EDT 2018

Thanks, Mike.

This seemed like a good hint/possible solution.
> Another though has just occurred to me also..  If you use session
> variables, you can store the search term in the session, and since the
> browser will re-post on reload, if $_POST and your session variable contain
> the same search term, its possible (likely?) that it was a reload rather
> than a new search, then don't do the search. Not sure if this is helpful,
However, when I tried
<?lc
start session
put "test" into $_SESSION["keyword"]
put $_SESSION[keyword]
stop session
?>
and the server returned the error

file "/home/pba/public_html/lifelinesearch.lc"
   row 2, col 1:

This snippet is at the very top of the page, so row 2 is "start session."

Am I misundertanding the syntax of 'session'?

Thanks,

Tim