Getting Started with DataGrid

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Aug 2 10:59:33 EDT 2018

I can give you a "not to do". DO NOT send selectionChanged to a datagrid in the middle of processing a selectionChanged message already. This will crash LC to desktop.

I have not used form style datagrids, which is what you are talking about methinks, but the idea is fairly simple. Instead of every row behaving exactly the same way, form datagrids allow each row to behave independently, as though they were individual "forms" stacked in a column. You change the look of the rows in the row behavior script, and alter the overall look of the rows by modifying the rowTemplate.

In the datagrid properties window data grid tab, change the style of the datagrid to "Form" and the options for editing these become available. The Row template is just a group so you can modify it like any other group. If you edit the script, you can see that there are already handlers defined, like fillInData, layoutControl etc. And since V9 other messages that can be used are in the left pane of the script editor to give you some idea on what you can do.

I would say open a new stack, drag a datagrid to it, change the type to Form and dig in. You cannot damage your existing project that way.

Bob S