Mac app code signing for beginners

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Sun Apr 29 11:24:08 EDT 2018

Bill,

Sounds like you’re loading your apps to your iPhone and iPad via the Xcode Devices and Simulators window… apps loaded in that way will cease to work when your provisioning profile expires. As far as I know (and have experienced), that is the “normal” way it works.

However, those same apps if approved by Apple and made available in the App Store will  not cease to work when the profile you used to make the app expires.

be well,
randy

Randy Hengst
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com