Q on Accessing multi-dimension arrays.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 26 15:21:50 EDT 2018

As long as this (undocumented?) anomaly exists, might as well put it to
good use - this is a step toward xPath-like functionality for array queries:

on mouseUp
    -- Load array:
    put "something" into tA["this"]["is"][1]["path"]
    --
    put PathQuery("this/is/1/path", tA)
end mouseUp

function PathQuery pPath, pArray
    split pPath by "/"
    return pArray[pPath]
end PathQuery

Now to find the time to expand on that toward something akin to XQuery....

Thanks, Brian.  It's super-weird and appears to defy logic, but very useful.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems