Enable/disable Group enables/disables all children

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Apr 26 15:06:51 EDT 2018

On 4/26/2018 2:45 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> So if we proposed a change to do what you and I feel is more logical,
> the current behavior was put into place long enough ago that we'd now
> have to think about compatibility issues. :(

Bummer :-(

I must admit I have never knowingly run across this since in every case
I can think of when I disable a group and then enable it, all controls
in the group were enabled before hand and should again be enabled after
the group is enabled.

However, I can imagine all sort of instances where you would definitely
want the controls to retain their prior enabled states when
enabling/disabling a containing group.