Open printing to PDF <filename> error

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Apr 26 12:46:02 EDT 2018

The file path is selected by the user through a standard 'answer file
... ' dialog. The code does not currently check to see if the folder the
user selected for the file is writable, but tests of trying to save to a
read-only (non writable) folder on Windows results in a controlled error
dialog being presented by the 'open printing to pdf' statement rather
than an code execution error.

Presumably the folder exists since it was just selected by the user via
the 'answer file' command. Obviously, I can wrap this part of the code
in a TRY ... END TRY block to catch any error and present a graceful
message of something like "exporting to PDF failed", but I was hoping
someone (perhaps a LiveCode employee???) might actually know what the
error message of 'printing: Unknown destination' meant.