Typesetting Fields

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Apr 22 22:31:53 EDT 2018

Until we get scrolling working in a datagrid, (on mobile) and also we want it keep simple, I frequently need to create a runtime list from the database.

But the "typesetting tools" in Livecode depend on a field being present. e.g.
------
set the textAlign of line 1 of field "myField" to right
--------
Currently you can

lockscreen,
    # populate the fld with all kinds of "tweaking" to look nice
unlockscreen

But I was looking for a method, similar to the advice

"get all you data in a variable and then show in a field"

So that the field gets a single pixel update

Is there a similar method to this with a field,  where it all laid out ahead of time; and "bingo"  you popular the field in one go  without lockscreen?

BR