Contributing to the IDE

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 05:15:55 EDT 2018

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 1:49 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <

> Yes - my point about the engine and IDE versions being mutually dependent
> :)

​I get that -- my point is that *many* of the IDE script files are
unchanged from 9.0 release to the current(?) develop branch. So working on
files in 9.0, making changes, and then submitting a pull request, unless
git somehow makes this a slog, should be perfectly acceptable​. They're
just text files, many of which haven't changed in six months. Or is there
something magic (and to me, frustrating) about git that makes it
unacceptable to submit a change made to a file in 9.0 to an identical file
in 9.1?