variable xref

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Apr 2 10:51:03 EDT 2018

When Apple went from Carbon to Cocoa, the offered their developers no such migration utility (to my knowledge at least). What they DID do is inform people well in advance of depricating Carbon that the time was coming where adherence to Cocoa would be mandatory, and they offered frameworks and programming guidelines, saying, "Do this this way from now on". There was plenty of time to make the updates. Those who didn't found their software would not run.

RunRev has essentially done things the same way. There is usually a lot of discussion and plenty of time and warning before they deprecate anything, and they are very loathe to do it. They almost always opt for backwards compaibility.

Bob S