Dismiss Keyboard on Mobile

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Sep 30 01:18:03 EDT 2017

I have a drop down search panel with radio buttons and a search field.

the search string field is grouped with the search icon (magnify glass icon)

this small group of two objects has  behavior attached. When the user hits the search icon, the string and readio buttons all form and run a dbase query.

Works fine on desktop

But on mobile the keyboard remains "stuck" and I have no way to dismiss it.
How do you give the user the option to be "done" with text entry

I have "select empty" in mouseup of the search behavior.  I thought this would get the cursor out of the field and cause the keyboard to go away and the mouseup Handler would proceed… but not go… I don't think the touch event even gets through as long as the cursor is still in the field and the keyboard is up…