A modest proposal for a new property

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 13:04:15 EDT 2017

As far as the pie charts go.. A workaround is to create the required ovals
one at a time and import an image from each, then stack THOSE up.

Or alternatively use the ovals, stack them, group them, and have a list of
background colors used in each, and then in the group mouseup handler use
the mousecolor to determine what/where was clicked.  To be able to hit an
area that has no oval color would require one more hoop to be jumped
through.  Place a full oval matching background color behind the pie
segments that can catch a click in the "empty" location (still using the
mousecolor)

Which makes me think, how about a new object.  An oval with definable color
arcs.  0 to 85 blue, 85 to 270 red, 270 onward green.   (or an innocuous
grey meaning no data defined for that chunk)  Then one could still check
the mousecolor to determine a clicks result.  The negative of this method
is that one couldn't explode the pie chart.