A modest proposal for a new property

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Sep 26 15:41:58 EDT 2017

Though this is not a universal solution… but related..

FWIW we have an enhancement request in for widgets to allow us to set their margins.
The entire area of a widget  is its "hit box" (term from Unity)

So all we need it to be able to set margins. Typical use case might be to have a 24 X 24 widget in a box that is 414w x 40 high… set the left margin to 20 and the widget effectively aligns left and the entire area across the screen becomes a hit box.