LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-1 Dropping Keystrokes in IDE

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Mon Sep 18 16:24:01 EDT 2017

> On 19 Sep 2017, at 1:07 am, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> FWIW, the glx2 script editor aggregates the necessary information for autocompletion when you load a new script. There's a negligible delay at startup while it parses all the stacks in use, but then no delay while you're editing. Might be worth refactoring the SE if it's actually doing a lookup for every keystroke.

No autocomplete doesn’t do all that much more per keystroke than the SE did previously unless you are editing placeholders. It was getting the linkText of the selection though and this takes a surprisingly long time for fields with a lot of content. I’ve tweaked things so it does’t need to do that.

Cheers

Monte