LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-1 Dropping Keystrokes in IDE

LiveCode Feeds feed at smpcsupport.com
Sun Sep 17 22:14:40 EDT 2017

Monte,

Thank you for submitting Bug 20410.

I open the Script Editor, move to about line 5000 and start typing, and
keystrokes are dropped. This is on a freshly started LiveCode IDE, so I don't
need to wait 10 minutes for it happen.

LiveCode 8.1.6 is sluggish with the same 7000 lines of code, but it is usable
(although I always wish it didn't have noticeable pauses when switching windows
etc) and never drops keystrokes.

Did a quick test with 8.2.0 DP-1 in a script of only 800 lines and the problem
does not occur.

Unless there is something unique about my machine and LiveCode scripting style,
I guess the lesson is to make sure DP's are tested under Windows with big chunks
of user code in the Script Editor. (If that does not already occur.)
--
Scott McDonald
http://thelivecodelab.com/