LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-1 Dropping Keystrokes in IDE

RunRevPlanet feed at smpcsupport.com
Sun Sep 17 19:58:53 EDT 2017

I install 8.2.0 DP-1 with great excitement and anticipation.

10 minutes into using it I find it is regularly dropping keystrokes when working
in the Script Editor.

Close all other programs on the desktop, still happening.

I use a wireless keyboard keyboard, so giving LiveCode the benefit of the doubt,
put in a fresh pair of batteries. Still happening.

OK, connect my trusty Logitech USB wired keyboard and reboot Windows and start
up LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-1.

Carefully type the following in the Script Editor, using my 2 finger typing
skills:

  put 5 into item 1 of rectBuffer

Looking up from the keyboard, this is what has been added my code:

  put nto 3 ectfer

Anticipating, the chorus of "Works fine for me!" Contemplate setting up video
camera to show what is happening.

Decide that I have already wasted more than enough time this morning, and simply
feel like crying.

The End.

For anyone who cares, the script is about 7000 lines and the specs of my machine
are:

Operating System
 Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
 Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz
 Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1065MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard
 Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170-D3H-CF (U3E1)
Graphics
 S24D300 (1920x1080 at 60Hz)
 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (Gigabyte)
Storage
 111GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB (SSD)
 931GB Seagate ST1000DX001-1NS162 (SATA)

--