[tsNet] tsNetSmtpSync

Charles Warwick charles at techstrategies.com.au
Fri Sep 15 05:19:43 EDT 2017

Hi Theirry,

On 15/09/2017 7:08 PM, Thierry Douez via use-livecode wrote:
> ​I guess both methods are safe?
> or is there some advantages with one or the other?
>
> I'm using it within a Livecode Mail Composer.
> Based on an export of my server DB, I'm scanning some address,
> build dynamically the html-email and send one by one all emails.

Both are safe.  Generally, if you are going to be making multiple
connections to the same server (in this case, sending a number of
e-mails) fairly quickly, then allowing tsNet to reuse an existing
SSL/TLS connection to the server will be quicker (it doesn't have to
establish the SSL connection each time).

Regards,

Charles